The Level 3 Arabic course reviews and enhances the study of verbs and nouns through the study of the 10 forms with application the Qu’ran and Prophetic narrations. You will learn:
- Speaking practise using vocabulary related to day to day language use which also appears frequently in the Qur’an.
- The different verbal forms and their contextual changes with clearly, defined meanings exemplified through the Qur’an.
- The meaning and commentary of the most encompassing ahadith of the Prophet(SAW)
- Reading Arabic texts independently and collectively.
This course is ideal for students, teachers and working professionals who want to complete the introduction into the basics of Arabic language to understand the Qur’an while reading or listening to its recital or other Arabic speech.
- To enhance your relationship with the Quran by developing an intermediate level of Arabic language in order to understand Surahs commonly recited in salaah as well as select ahadith.
- To give you a strong knowledge of the verbal forms which appear in the Qur’an with the ability to understand their context and infer their meaning where vocabulary is known.
- To provide you with the necessary tools to move onto the Level 4 course in order to explore more in-depth Arabic texts.
- Successful completion of the pre-course written exam or the Module 2 Fajr course
- The ability to read Arabic text comfortably.
- Male students aged 15+.
You will need to take a written test as part of the application for this course. Further details will be provided once your pre-application has been received.
£110 (including course material)
Time and location
- Beginning Sunday 24th January 2016
- Timing and venue tbc
- Course duration: 3 months
How to apply:
All candidates must follow the application procedure as shown in applying to Fajr.
What are tutors looking for?
Tutors will primarily be looking for an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the study of Arabic language, ideally from both classical and contemporary perspectives, combined with an ability to digest and assimilate Arabic vocabulary for implementation.
Our tutors will be looking for the following qualities at interview:
- an ability to think independently
- potential and motivation for studying Arabic language
- commitment to the requirements of the course