The Level 2 Arabic course completes the basics covered in the beginner programme with a study of verbs and application to texts alongside a study of the Qur’an. You will learn:
- Vocabulary related to day to day language use which also appears frequently in the Qur’an. This course has an oral and written assessment on completion.
- Completing knowledge of how to identify af’aal with their conjugations in different tenses. The most repeating verbs will be studied and you will be able to transform these both in speech and to comprehend ayaat and ahadith.
- The detailed meaning of five more Surahs of the Qur’an
- Be prepared to read sample texts without any diacritics and produce sentences with the correct syntactical structure.
This course is ideal for students, teachers and working professionals who want to complete the introduction into the basics of Arabic language to understand the Qur’an while reading or listening to its recital or other Arabic speech.
- To enhance your relationship with the Quran by understanding the basics of Arabic language in order to understand Surahs commonly recited in salaah as well as straightforward ayaat or ahadith.
- To give you a strong knowledge of all types of words which appear in the Qur’an with the ability to understand their context and infer their meaning where vocabulary is known.
- To provide you with the necessary tools to move onto the Level32 course in order to explore more in-depth Arabic texts.
- Successful completion of the pre-course written exam or the Module 1 Fajr course
- The ability to read Arabic text comfortably.
- Male students aged 15+.
You will need to take a written test as part of the application for this course. Further details will be provided once your pre-application has been received.
£110 (including course material)
Time and location
- Beginning Sunday 24th January 2016
- Timing and venue tbc
- Course duration: 3 months
How to apply:
All candidates must follow the application procedure as shown in applying to Fajr.
What are tutors looking for?
Tutors will primarily be looking for an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the study of Arabic language, ideally from both classical and contemporary perspectives, combined with an ability to digest and assimilate Arabic vocabulary for implementation.
Our tutors will be looking for the following qualities at interview:
- an ability to think independently
- potential and motivation for studying Arabic language
- commitment to the requirements of the course